Classification: Support Group
Job Title Intake Specialist-Bilingual (part-time)
Center: Family Focus Nuestra Familia (Chicago, IL)
Reports To: Early Childhood Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing administrative functions and intake that supports program enrollment and capacity. Ensures participants are enrolled in appropriate programs. Reading, writing, and speaking in English and Spanish is important for maintaining accurate records, as well as engaging current and potential participants.
- Conduct intake assessments for new participants. Duties require proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Create maintain and organize intake database.
- Greet all participants at the center in Spanish or English, provide program information, maintain room and vehicle reservations, and order supplies
- Intake Duties: Refer existing and new participants for internal and external services, Conduct intake assessments for new participants
- Field phone calls and connect to appropriate program in particular the New American Initiative and the Immigrant Family Resource Program.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Keep updated about all Nuestra Familia programs in order to support each program effectively
- Communication Skills: Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently
- Clerical Skills: Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and email
- Ability to interpret Family Focus programs to parents and the community
- Must love to be around infants, children, adolescents, and adults
- Ability to maintain focus on work while other activities are going on in the same area
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume.
Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.