CLASSIFICATION: Support Group
JOB DESCRIPTION: Program Assistant
CENTER: Highland Park
REPORTS TO: Center Co-Director
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Right From The Start (RFTS) program, serving at-risk, primarily Spanish-speaking families, aims to promote healthy family functioning, positive prenatal outcomes for pregnant women and enhance the development of very young children. This part-time position is to assist with administrative tasks in the RFTS program. This position is for 30 hours a week.
- Schedule all the RFTS Educational Groups
- Make phone calls to invite participants to the groups
- Record and track the attendance of all the groups
- Assist in tracking participants through database management
- Be able to report monthly statistics
- Assist in preparing flyers, forms and newsletter
- Maintain adequate office supplies in stock
- Purchase goods for special events
- Contact the companies to repair equipment
- Elaborate participant’s roster when it is needed
- Coordinate and recruit volunteer tutors for the tutoring group at the Highwood Library
- Type staff meeting minutes.
- Be the contact person for all our partners who facilitate groups for RFTS.
- Take pictures during the groups and make sure all participants captured in the pictures have signed the release form
- Edit pictures and post them on Facebook
- Be aware of and adhere to all personnel policies
- Have a sensitive, non-judgmental attitude
- Attend all staff, team and individual supervision meetings
- Set goals for professional growth
- Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses and other aspects of professional growth
- Assume an equal share of joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff
- Maintain a prompt work schedule and to inform the Director of any changes in schedule
- Assist in public relations/fundraising/special events sponsored by the agency or program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish with good oral and written communication skills in both languages. Ability to write and edit documents in English. This position requires work on some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Computer skills to include extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher. Ability to help staff with computer issues and internet.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
Compensation ($16-18/hour) is commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified applicants should submit Cover Letter, Resume, three references, and a one-page English writing sample. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.