POSTION TITLE: Get In Chicago (GIC) Group Facilitator Assistant (Part-time)
LOCATION: Family Focus Englewood
REPORTS TO: Get In Chicago Supervisor
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The overall responsibilities of this position is to assist and support the Get In Chicago Facilitator with recruiting parents, planning groups, implementing the BPROUD curriculum and coordinating the activities of the Get IN Chicago Parent Leadership Program. The principles of family support and manualized curriculum will be used as a guide to develop and implement parent program activities.
- Assist with recruiting parents from the Englewood community to enroll in the program
- Support the group facilitator with the development of outreach activities and partnerships with schools and community-based organizations
- Help the group facilitator with family recruitment and the execution of participant retention strategies
- Assist the group facilitator when working with school administration to develop opportunities for parents to be involved and engaged in their adolescent’s school including participation in LSC, PAC and volunteer opportunities, as needed
- Help the facilitator with maintaining all parent program records in the City Span database. Data entry will be required.
- Assist the group facilitator in ensuring the collection of quality data including attendance, satisfaction surveys, needs assessments, etc.
- Support the group facilitator in ensuring that the program fulfills our mission, funder objectives and is in line with the Principles of Family Support.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required, Associate or Bachelors preferred.
- Experience working with and recruiting parents
- Experience building partnerships with community agencies a plus
- Must be committed to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Must function well in group and team settings
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Computer skills – word processing, database entry, internet research, spreadsheets, create and publish outreach materials is a must
- Must be available mornings and/or early afternoons, be flexible based on the needs of the program
- Be self-directed, able to accomplish tasks with minimum supervision, yet open to feedback.
- Carry out additional job-related duties as may be directed by immediate supervisor
- Travel within the community will be required
- Submit to and clear a background check
Qualified Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls, please
Family Focus, Inc. values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.