JOB TITLE: Bilingual (Spanish) Home Visitor/Family Support Worker
CENTER: Family Focus Aurora (Aurora, IL)
REPORTS TO: MIECHV Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Through home visiting, provide early childhood development and parent education to families and their children in the Early Childhood Program. Work on a team utilizing the Principles of Family Support Practice to enhance the overall development of children and families in the program.
• Provide home-based services including parent/child interaction activities to families.
• Provide support, education, and information on relevant topics to including child development, parenting, and family education through home and center-based services.
• Follows Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum guidelines along with additional requirements from the funding partner.
• Prepare and facilitate play groups and parent connection groups in a weekly basis.
• Conducts family assessments to determine needs for case management and other referrals as well as the development of an IFSP.
• Conducts developmental screening, home-based and center based services, referrals and advocacy. Supports the family in reaching their identified goals and supports parents identify tools and skills to foment their child’s health development.
• Prepare and submit appropriate documentation and reports.
• Maintain participant records in accordance with professional standards and funder requirements.
• Present case material and request information from other center staff during weekly meetings.
• Represent organization at meetings and attend conferences as requested
• Assist in recruiting eligible families for home visiting program and maintain caseload.
• Attend the Parents as Teachers (PAT) Training and training on Principles of Family Support.
• Collaborate with other agencies and services.
• Provide childcare for center-based activities; develop weekly age-appropriate lesson plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Meets regularly with MIECHV Program Manager to discuss and review cases.
• Maintain required screenings, update immunizations, educational status, WIC appointments, and family planning for participants and their children.
• Attends and participants in all meeting, conference, in-service training required by Family Focus.
• Facilitate groups at center and collaborating organizations as needed.
• Participate in all center wide trainings, activities, and meetings.
• Work in a team environment.
• Work in other components/capacities as deemed necessary by the Center Director to accomplish Family Focus’ Mission.
• Participate in fundraising activities.
• Submit and document services in database system and collect and store monthly hard copy files in binders for audit purposes.
• Administer pre-posttest to participants to support movement towards their increase knowledge in the subject matter.
• Preferred Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in Human Services, Early Childhood Education, or a related field.
• Experience in child development, early childhood education, social work, or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge and understanding of Latino community in the Aurora.
• Requires extensive local travel and some evening and weekend hours
• Must have access to reliable and efficient transportation that will allow for the completion of caseload responsibility
Qualified Applicant Should Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
No phone calls, please.
Family Focus values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer