This letter is to let you know about the excitement summer brings to Family Focus.
- Family Focus staff in our Aurora, Englewood, Evanston and Hermosa centers continue to work with families who have been involved with the Department of Children and Family Services. Our goal is to reunite children with families whenever possible, through education, training and coaching. This past year, 97% of Family Focus families have been reunited compared to 70% in the state.
- The City of Chicago has selected Family Focus to serve an additional 122 families with children 0-3 through our Englewood, Lawndale and Hermosa centers. Family Focus will partner with families and community resources to give children the best start in life and prevent delays that could follow them for many years.
- Family Focus is a learning organization and we will partner with the National Standards of Family Support organization to integrate standards into all of our work to qualitatively and quantitatively measure our impact on families. We will be the first family resource center in Illinois to adopt these standards. Our first all-day training will be on October 6th.
- We also are partnering with private funders, through our Spring Gala which honored the Steans Family. Due to the efforts of the event’s chair, Mark Hoppe, CEO of Cole Taylor Bank, 17 new sponsors were inspired to join the Family Focus family, and a final total of $484,000 was raised.
- Family Focus’ board of directors and staff are working diligently to create our next three-year strategic plan. Board members are directly involved in interviewing foundation leaders, state and city officials and our staff to plan for Family Focus' future. The report will be completed at the end of the calendar year and we will share it with you. If you have comments or suggestions that you would like included in our plan, please contact me at email@example.com.
My best wishes to you for a safe and happy fall.
President and CEO